Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Dyersburg real estate market affected by national scene
I do not see a problem with the infrastructure here causing this slowdown but the people moving here with their jobs are unable to sell their homes.
I closed on a home last week($156,000) which was a for sale by owner priced at $164,000. I believe this was overpriced but my market analysis valued it at around $156,000 and that is what we negotiated. This home is in one of the "hottest neighborhoods-Camelot)" in Dyersburg and homes in this area are holding their value.
Values are falling however in the lower price ranges that are most affected by the b-paper(subprime) collapse.
What does this mean to you the reader who is moving to Dyersburg soon? After you hire a professional realtor, get him or her to do a market analysis for the neighborhood you want to live in and find out what is really happening. Ask for that realtor to give you the last 5-6 sales for the same size house you are trying to purchase. Also, sign a buyers agreement so that realtor can also seek out those for sale by owners. A good professional dedicated realtor will more than pay for him self both when you purchase and when you try to sell that home in the future.
Also,I am a member of the active rain community(real estate chat community) and I ran across an excellent post by Barry Shapiro(realtor in California). In this post he discusses the opportunities for realtors and their clients in this or any down market. I wanted to mention this because many of the realtors here in Dyersburg,Tennessee read my blog and I want to challenge them to be the type realtor that Barry says(and I agree) that will survive the downturn in real estate sales. The link to his article is over in the right column and is titled "Ethical/Professional Realtor"
Labels: Dyersburg Tennessee
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
What does Dyersburg have to offer?
After thinking about this for a couple of days, this is what I came up with.
1. We currently have lots of jobs available at factories in and around Dyersburg
2. The city of Dyersburg has an excellent program of youth activities
A. soccer leagues,baseball leagues,basketball leagues
B. excellent community facilities for outdoor and indoor activities
3. Dyersburg is located about 40 minutes from Jackson,Tn where many of the local
people travel for shopping, restaurants, etc. We have several very nice restaurants here
4. Dyersburg is located about 2 hours from Memphis(if Jackson doesn't have it Memphis does)
5. Dyersburg's number one industry is farming(lots of farms and crops)
6. Great churches that reach out to our community
7. Recreation includes hunting and fishing(close to Reelfoot Lake,Mississippi River,other lakes,and wildlife refuges and public and private hunting land)
8. People here in Dyersburg area are for the most part so friendly and courteous
9. Dyersburg State Community College located in Dyersburg
10. Very fine public library
11. Very fine hospital(picture of this facility on new relocation website mentioned over in right column)
12. Some of the best doctors and specialists
13. Many professional realtors to assist you in relocation
14. One of the top chambers of commerce in Tennessee(picture on new relocation website over in right column)
15. Mayor and alderman that care about our community
16. Dyersburg growing and prospering
Friday, October 12, 2007
New Dyersburg Tennessee area relocation information website
Also, please tell me what you think and what else you would like to see on this site. I have lots of plans for additional information but there is room for much more.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]